Wednesday, May 11, 2005

A LITTLE KNOWN FACT

Previously I had done some calculations to determine the amount of money I have spent on cigarettes and how many cigarettes I have smoked since taking up the habit. Well, a new fact I read today, is that for every 1 cigarette you smoke, it takes an average of about 11 minutes off of your life. So, lets use my previous calculations and do some math. I have smoked approximately 65,700 cigarettes in my lifetime, that means I have cut 722,700 minutes off of my life. That’s 12,045 hours and 501 days which is 1.375 years. I have cut off almost a year and a half of my life from smoking. Geez. Imagine those people that have smoked for 25+ years. How much time they are cutting off of their life. It’s crazy.

So, I’m going to look at it like this today....

I have been quit smoking for thirteen days. That’s thirteen packs of cigarettes I have NOT bought. That’s approximately $52.00 that I have saved. Which is also 260 cigarettes I have NOT smoked. Which is 2,860 minutes I have saved for my life. Which is 47.66 hours of my life that I get to keep. In thirteen days of not smoking, I have saved almost two days of my life. Wow. Now, that’s looking at it from a new perspective......

4 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Youngs said...

Very good honey, I am proud of you. Have you calculated all the time you have been able to do other things than smoke? I mean how long does it take to step outside and smoke? Not only do you lose minutes off of the end of your life, you waste just as much having to stop whatever you were doing to go take a smoke break.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Mr. Youngs said...

and i still can't post in color and I don't know why.

11:36 AM  
Blogger Natalie said...

You can't post in color because you're not sly like me. Sorry, hon, you suck.
LOVE.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Mr. Youngs said...

No, i think it is because I am using Opera instead of Explorer, and for all the benifits of Opera it doesn't bother me about the color thing...and I am MUCH slyer than you! :) yuck more.
LOVE.

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home