Friday, May 20, 2005

DAY TWENTY TWO:

Today is the twenty-second day that I have not smoked. It's also the longest I've ever gone without smoking. (Well, other than the 12 years of my life I didn't smoke, but you know what I mean.) I don't really have anything special to write, just wanted to track my progress. I am now on Step 2 of the Patch. (Equate Nicotine Transdermal System) It's a cheap brand of Nicotrol. I have two weeks of Step 2 and then I will go to Step 3 for 2 weeks, and then I am done. Then I am a non-smoker. The rest is up to me.
I really am doing great. I have had those cravings that I can usually talk myself into, but now it's different. My mind set is actually different. Because as I start thinking about it, I start thinking about how my life would suck without Luke.
And it just isn't worth it.
I don't even have to think twice about it.
It just isn't worth it.

So, I am doing well. I feel good. I smell good. My hair smells nice, my voice is clearing up (slowly) I just feel good.

It's kind of funny, but some people don't believe me. I've been trying to quit for a year, and everyone has watched me try and fail and try and fail. Honestly, most of those times were not full-hearted attempts, just trying to please people. I spoke to my good friend Brandie on the phone last night and she was asking, "Not even once? You haven't even taken a drag? Nothing?" And I was like, "No. Not even once." And she was kind of like, "Uh huh...." like she didn't believe me, but it's true. Sure, I'm amazed myself, but it's true!! My friend Mike is also kind of mistrusting. "You haven't cheated one, huh?" "No!!! I haven't! I swear!!!" But I guess they are so used to me failing, that they are just waiting for it to happen again. Brandie is real supportive. She believes me, it's just hard to grasp. To those non-smokers out there, you may not know it, but Twenty-Two days is an accomplishment.

Alright, alright....I'm going now.

Woo-Hoo for me!!!

-Natalie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home